Monday, March 29, 2010

KitchenAid

Last semester I took a cooking class to prepare for married life. It was such a fun class and I recommend it to anyone who has a chance to take it while at BYU. Sister Smith is a genius! Anyways, in the cooking labs they have a KitchenAid mixer at every station. I had never used one before, but during our weekly 3 hour cooking labs, I fell in love! These things are amazing! I knew I wanted one but there was no way Brent and I could afford one or that anyone was going to get one for us as a wedding gift. But we registered for one anyways, which was a great idea. Well, a couple weeks ago we went to Kohl's to complete our registry with a 15% off coupon they gave us. We got everything we needed and still had $170 left in gift cards! Turns out Kohl's had their KitchenAid's on sale for $299 instead their normal $350. Plus we saw that KitchenAid was offering a $30 rebate on their mixers. So Brent said, "Babe, I think we can get your KitchenAid!" I was sooo excited!! We had to order it online so that I could get the pretty color I wanted and the nice people at Kohl's let us use our 15% coupon again online. So we ended up only paying about $60 of our own money for it! When it came I was so excited that I hurried up and found an awesome cookie recipe and we made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in it for Family Home Evening. Brent said they were the best cookies he has ever had. Isn't it so beautiful!?

No comments:

Post a Comment